Monday, May 16, 2005

A Belated Congratulations to Lisa Kemler

I'd like to say a belated congratulations to Lisa Bondaroff Kemler, who was appointed to the 18th Circuit Court in Alexandria as a presiding judge. Mrs. Kemler, who's a very talented lawyer, helped me out of a sticky situation a couple of years ago. When I saw her picture and the article in the Alexandria Gazette a few months ago, a smile cracked across my face because I saw that she's done very well for herself.

Our correspondence was short; I'm not sure if she would remember me, but I remember what she did for me. The general public might know her better for her defense of Lorena Bobbitt, in which Lisa was quoted in the Jan. 24, 1994 Newsweek as saying, "A life is more valuable than a penis." Being a guy myself, it's a little hard to agree with that statement until you actually go through that particular case. Then it makes more sense. She ended up coming up with the temporary insanity plea that led to Bobbitt's accquital, and her freedom.

Lisa also helped defend Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he got into some legal trouble, and she's recognized as one of the top 75 lawyers in the Washington area.

I hope all goes well for her in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home